Feb 17, 2016

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 
 
This is the 2nd in a 3-part series entitled:
Stewardship

 

 
 
 
Message 1:
 
 
 
 
Message 3:
 

 

 

Some people love making things grow with their own bare hands.  Gardening is one of the most popular "hobbies" in the U.S.  I, however, do not have a green thumb.  Nor am I prepared to do battle with bugs, weeds, rabbits or deer. 

For nearly 20 years, I have engaged in an annual battle of wits with the raccoon population in the woods surrounding Casa Canote.  They want the cans and bottle in our recycling can on our deck.  They want into our trash cans.  And they want into my storage shed.  The corners around the doors on my shed look like a bear has been trying to claw it's way in there.  They are incredibly persistent and intelligent.  The raccoons are enough for me.

But, can I just tell ya something?  Even though I'm "not that into you" gardening, I am certain I would have enjoyed, in fact, loved tending the paradise of the Garden of Eden.  I am fairly certain that tending paradise was quite different than taking care of your average garden of today.  That is, of course, prior to the fall of Adam and Eve.

Before THE FALL, this garden would have been an enjoyable experience.  And, I know this because after Adam and Eve sinned, the Bible says things changed for them.

Listen to this entire message, the second in a 3-part Stewardship sermon series.

Sermon Audio


No comments:

Post a Comment