Mar 4, 2019

MY PRO BOWLING TECHNIQUE

Bowling changed my life.  To be more accurate, bowling caused a radical change in perspective.  Around 15 years ago, we visited my wife's sister and her family in Lawrence, KS.  Our two families decided bowling would be a fun way to spend some time together.  

At that time, I had been bowling a combined total of no more than five or six times in my life.  It was not that I disliked bowling.  It was simply not something I was ever inspired to spend a lot of time doing.  Do you know that my very first ball that day was a STRIKE?!?  


In that moment, I suddenly realized that I was really good....in fact, I was amazing at bowling!  

What technique!  I should think about going pro!  I will need to have my own personal bowling ball and shoes.  I could help my friends learn to bowl. Wow!  This new discovery had really changed my outlook and perspective on life!

My next six turns in the lane resulted in gutter balls.  I suddenly realized that I was really bad...in fact, I was terrible at bowling!  I quickly came climbing down out of my ivory tower of pro bowler technique and future success touring in the PBA.  Suddenly, I had another radical change in perspective.  Whew!  This 2-hour family outing which promised friendly, family togetherness had turned out to be a rollercoaster of emotion!  Well, that is how I remember it anyway.

The Apostle Paul experienced a radical change in perspective when he came to know the real Jesus and surrendered his life to Him.  He had previously considered Jesus and all those who followed Him to be enemies.  His new perspective knew Jesus as his savior.

Can I just tell ya something?  As Christ followers, we have a radical new perspective on life.  We no longer have need to look at others and categorize them by race, skin color, stereotypes, etc.  As a true disciple of Jesus, I should have two categories in my perspective toward others.  


They are either saved or not saved.  They are either a missionary or a mission field.  

That change in our perspective is due to our surrender to Jesus.  God has given us His Spirit and a new point of view has entered into our thinking.

Prayer - 
Father, You have given me a radical new perspective!  I am a new creation because of Jesus and the Cross.  The old me has passed away.  Thank You!  Amen.

From now on, then, we do not know anyone from a worldly perspective. Even if we have known Christ from a worldly perspective, yet now we no longer know him in this way.  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has come! -- 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 (CSB)

#Missions #Evident #MásDeTi




No comments:

Post a Comment