Mar 5, 2019

NOT OF THIS WORLD

Our family runs a non-profit missions ministry called Evident Ministries.  We host ministry teams for a week of Team Ministry twice per year - in December/January and July.  Our ministry teams participate in a week of Team Ministry as they reach out to groups in Women's, Children's, Sport's, and evening worship service ministry.

When we are in Mexico, we stand out in a crowd.  When we run errands and make grocery or supply runs, we are a small group of light-skinned Americans in a sea of darker-skinned hispanics.  We stand out.  There is no hiding it.  

We do not have to say anything to them to let them know there are differences.  We do not have to say, "We're not from around here."  They know because we look and act very differently.

The Apostle Paul issued a challenge, in his letter to the church at Ephesus, basically saying we should no longer look and act like unbelievers.  He challenged us, in his letter to the church at Corinth, to remember that if we are "in Christ", we are a new creation.  He said the old is gone and the new is here.

As Christ followers, we are to look different.  We ought to behave, talk, and think differently than the rest of the world.  Non-believers should know by how we do all of those things that we are different.  Non-Christians should know without us telling them.  They should not be surprised to find out we are Christian.  This should have already been obvious.



Can I just tell ya something?  As children of God, we not of this world.  This world is not our home.  We are just passing through in this temporary existence.  


We are, in fact, very different than this lost world around us.  We are, in fact, very different on account of God's Holy Spirit living inside us.  We do not have the same hardening of our hearts or blindness to the things of God.  We are different.

Prayer - 
Father, in my heart of hearts, I know that I am different thanks to Jesus and the cross.  Forgive me for allowing my circumstances and my human weakness to cause me to forget that.  Lord, help me to live in a such a way that I do not have to tell those around me that I am chasing hard after You.  Amen.


Therefore, I say this and testify in the Lord: You should no longer live as the Gentiles live, in the futility of their thoughts. They are darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them and because of the hardness of their hearts. -- Ephesians 4:17-18 (CSB)

#Missions #Evident #MásDeTi



No comments:

Post a Comment