Jan 28, 2019

OUR LEGACY

You could say we each have two legacies.  One of the legacies is the one we are born with.  WE INHERIT a legacy from our parents and family.  It is a legacy which is left to us and the one which we have zero control over.  We do not have the ability to turn back time or to reshape the lives of those who have gone before us.  The other legacy is the one WE LEAVE behind.

We are absolutely able to heavily influence the legacy we leave behind.  There are several areas of life which may become the focal point in the legacy which is left behind when we are gone.  The legacy left behind could be centered in our career choices, achievements in business, real estate investments, etc.  That legacy may instead be centered in hobbies, athletic ability, artistic or musical talent, etc.  For most who identify as believers and followers of Christ Jesus, it is a legacy centered around family and faith.

I have the ability to influence what will stand out in the memories of me and my life, in the minds of my children, grandchildren, and maybe even a few great-grandchildren. However, I am not likely to know what my great-great-grandchildren and beyond will know about the legacy I leave behind.  Can I just tell ya something?  What they know about me they will know thru the stories they hear about me.  How humbling to consider whether or not they will know and tell the stories themselves of how I lived to testify to God's grace in my life.  Whew!  Got me.... got something in my eyes on that one.

So, let me ask you:  What do you think your legacy will be after you are gone?  As I study God's Holy Word, I see that one step we must all take to to ensure our legacy will point others to Jesus is quite evident:  We must have more focus on God and the things of God in our lives and less focus on ourselves.  #MásDeTi

Prayer
Father, help me to be who You created me to be.  Give me a soft and pliable heart that I might seek and receive what I need to have revealed about You, about me, and about the steps I need to take to look more like Jesus.  Help me to remain mindful of the legacy I am leaving behind that it might bring glory to Your name and not my own.  Amen.


But I consider my life of no value to myself; my purpose is to finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment